King County is taking proactive steps to protect the health of our community. There are steps you can take to minimize your risk from novel coronavirus. Stay safe by following guidance provided by Public Health – Seattle & King County.
What everyone can do to reduce the risk of spreading infection:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap and warm water, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Practice other good health habits, such as keeping surfaces clean, getting plenty of sleep, reducing stress, and eating nutritious food
Staying informed can help you minimize your risks. Public Health-Seattle & King County is sharing additional guidance for the general public, for schools, for workplaces and employers, for travelers and for health care professionals.